Maybe sometime, after exploring a bit, we have found a broken on the floor of our home floors. While this may be a common question is How to fix it?
Many people choose to call someone in charge to make the change but, in case you want to do it yourselves, what will the process be? Does it has any science or requires some special knowledge to perform this work? As you might only want to repair that small section we must follow another process.
The truth is that in these cases we have to cut a damaged section of ceramic floor and place it again is necessary then make an analysis and a simple explanation of how to perform this repair. First we have something clear, is not the same tile floors a wall tile. The walls are usually thinner as they have to bear the weight of traffic as soil; therefore cuts are easier to run.
Instead the soil has a greater thickness because its use requires more consistency and durability and therefore more complicated and cumbersome making the cuts. But we should not worry; it’s not so complicated as to require a specialization. Then let’s look at what we need, what we must do and we must be vigilant.
How to cut the tiles
Whether you are treated tile floor or walls need some basic tools.
1) A steel rule to guide lines for cuts
2) A scroll saw or saw for ceramics. Depending on budget and availability can also try to hire a special cutting machine for ceramic because with this tool will be easier to cut and work will be easier.
How to make the strokes of the guidelines
First we must know the measurements of the tile or section that will change once we have them we must perform the following steps:
1) Place the tile will cut on the last full tile corner, place another full piece and add a separator (need a minimum of 3 mm with respect to the edges), then we can proceed to mark the edges of the second tile.
2) Move the two upper floors and the spacer adjacent to the wall making sure not to turn the piece and we scored, then we make a second mark on the tile to confirm the area which lies beneath.
It may seem a little complicated but the truth is that it is a simple process with which we want to know what needs to cover the tile space to install compared with those that have already been placed. This process is necessary because, while it is true that most of the tiles adapt to a measurement system that maintains a size and a uniform thickness, so you can check that fair space we need is the one with the tile replacement. More importantly, this is the process carried out by professionals and also convenient and efficient as it avoids setbacks and delays.
The cutting process
For this step we will consider the possibility of using a special cutting machine or ceramic, having to do the work on our own.
- Cut using a cutting machine: it is the simplest method. The reason? We review the strokes with the guide having the machine, which not only trace the cut line but also the start. This is because the guide has a special edge with which, after the line drawn and reviewed the section to be cut simply just a little pressure and voila, the desired section is obtained within seconds.
- Court without special machines: using a flathead screwdriver proceeds to review the guidelines that already draw. This will create a small canal, which we review several times until you have removed a groove enamel tile. Once we have this groove we proceed to make the cut with the jigsaw or saw for ceramics.
If the work is performed on a tile unglazed work is even easier, simply proceed to lightly mark the guide groove and immediately use the slicer or jig saw. This is because there is no risk of damaging the enamel section and therefore part of subtlety is required to score but eye, yet we must be vigilant and be careful when making the cut to avoid damaging the tile that we will use.