It´s interesting that these tiles are 2 and 5 millimeters thick, tough and hard but semi-flexible are new to many people. For that reason then we analyze some information about them.
Are they difficult to cut?
They are easy to cut without specialized tool, and we just need a cutter, scissors or a hacksaw and pliers. Typically cut with cutter, but in the case of the finest tiles (2mm thick) can also be cut with scissors that are sufficiently resistant (I use scissors fish).
If we cut the tiles with a saw or a jig, we can do it with sheets for cutting metal (always use metal cutting blades (never leaves wood), you can also use a bit of metal.
Do they have advantages over ceramics?
These tiles are warmer than ceramic tiles. For example, since I renewed the walls and floor bathroom with LVT no longer need to put the heater to shower.
The ceramic tiles are cut very badly, so if we have a wall or a floor with many columns and crannies, it will be very difficult to get a good fit, while the tiles can make them fit to the millimeter.
The tiles require working, and if the bathroom that almost always will have to remove the faucet, health, etc. So surely we should have the services of a plumber, and cost (and hassle) that entails.
Depending on your placement we can distinguish between floor tiles and wall tiles. And before what ye would ask me: no, they are not interchangeable between them.
At the same time:
- Floor tiles can be self-adhesive or only go inns.
- Wall tiles can only be self-adhesive or prepared for reinforcement come with an adhesive mounting.
- Self-adhesive tiles, also prepared to fix them with a special adhesive that is cast into the glue-free holes
- Finally, depending on the positioning system among them we have:
- Machi-hembradas tiles: much more difficult to place, but with a more stable union.
- Tiles with smooth edges: the easier and faster to use.
- Ridged tiles: they are as easy to install as above, but then we will have to grout to seal joints.
Is there a risk that peels off?
No. In fact as the put right the first time, you may not be able to tear them to make them to relocate. However, some are prepared to reinforce them with a special silicone-type adhesive, which should be enough to hold the tile itself.
They can safely cleaned using water in the washing process?
Yes. While placed are water should not get between them and should not be damaged in normal use. They can scrub with bleach and even a handkerchief, color without altering the least.
Details to consider:
- If we LVT we have to have the soil several millimeters (as many as the thickness of the tiles) it will rise, so surely we have to cut the doors so they can close.
- You can change the floor of a building and while avoiding having to remove debris. How? Very simple, placing vinyl tiles, one of the best resources when trying to place a floor on an existing one.
- They are made of PVC and among its characteristics with good strength and flexibility. This kind of vinyl flooring are easy to install, and can be placed on another floor.
- Are distributed in tiles or plates and their main advantage is that waterproof and very easy maintenance and cleaning.
- Self-adhesive tiles do not require glue and are easy to install, since the back of these tiles has a covered with a sheet of paper off adhesive. Remove the paper and stick the tile on the floor. The tiles known as luxury vinyl tiles glue and require proper tools.
Materials needed for laying tiles Vinyl
Not many materials or tools needed to place vinyl tile. In case you are mounting glue must use a large angle, a spatula, a meter, a cutter and tail assembly. Chances are that in the place where the tiles acquire further advice on the type of line you have to use. Thoroughly clean the floor because, dust and grit prevent sticking tile well. In addition, should the soil is very smooth because the fewer faults and bulges have; the better will be coupled tiles. When you put vinyl tiles, try the radiator in the room is turned off or give little heat. High temperatures tend to adversely affect the result.
Steps in laying vinyl tile.
First, clean the room. We must be careful in this work because remember that what place it is something that sticks, so the dust can affect even a little tile work. After the cleaning we begin the placement process.
First place the tile in the center of the room. Help yourself to a squadron; as it will allow you to place the tile in the right place and completely straight. Then mark on the ground, with a pen, the shape of the tile. With a spatula, apply glue well extended assembly and place the tile on top.
Continue gluing tiles, but should be very careful not to leave gaps between them. It is also important that there are no bubbles when placed and, of course, should never step on them, or risk roam around or lower them. When you reach the wall, you must cut vinyl tile using a utility knife for it.